can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, October 11, 2004

Dear Diary,
I am sorry, to my loyal public, for being a little lax in the last couple of days with the blogging. my computing abilities have been hindered by outside forces. for instance. yesterday i tried to use the internet in my dorm room but it decided to be broken. then i went to the pc lab to try to print out my homework, but the toner was out and it didn't work. so i went to the mac lab and tried to print it there but the attachment wouldn't open. can you see how all of these forces were telling me, "diana, don't do your homework. just don't." so i didn't. and now i will pay.
Today in international relations we were talking about international waters, and that got me thinking about pirates, which got me thinking about their funny pirate accents, which led me to an interesting question. where do pirate accents come from? they are very unique. is it just an intersting dialect that developed among those who are always at sea? it's not like pirates are a nationlality, so why do they get their own accents? sounds a little bit scottish. but not really. i'm guessing that it started out as a joke. one day one pirate just started saying "arggh matey!" to another pirate and they thought that it was so funny that it just stuck.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home