can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Friday, June 16, 2006

Dear Diary,
I am at camp- for the next 2.35 months. I forgot how silly everything is here. Songs, traditions, games, ect. I haven't gotten into my groove yet. Everything still seems really absurd but I'll get into it and forget that I ever was cool to people older than 7th graders.
We just had swim checks, which consists of jumping into puget sound and swimming about 20 feet, and then getting into a canoe and tipping it over and getting back in and paddling in with our hands. There is a girl from Texas here and I was explaining to her that the water was really cold. She was like, "you mean like 68 degrees?" and I had to correct her, "no, like 48 degrees." Here in Washington state, we know cold water. I don't get it. They are so concerned with safety here, but we make the kids all get in the water on a regular basis. Dangerous? But it makes you stronger and burns calories. I suppose that is a good thing.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

holla

 
At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My parents' friends used to swim in a really cold pool for weight loss because they thought the cold would motivate them to swim faster. Then their doctor told them the cold water actually discourages the fat from burning because your body thinks you need it because you are in such cold water.

Therefore, I see no need for me ever to go into the frigid Puget Sound waters ever again.

-Moss (without campers to laugh at while they attempt the swim test...sad)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home