can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Friday, December 08, 2006

Dear Diary,
I just got back from seeing "The Holiday" (starring Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet). It was quite excellent. I was with a good date. One that didn't make me feel bad about my love of the seasonal romantic comedy. One that laughed and cried with me, and appreciated Jude Law as much as I did. Needless to say, my date was a girl.
One thing that I realized is that I always react to these movies exactly how the producers/writers intended me to. Like the writers were like, "in this scene, we are going to solidify the contempt that the audience has for this man." And then in my head when I watch the scene, I have the completely original thought of "No Kate! Don't do it! He's no good for you!!" And then when my date and I recap the movie later, we say all of the things that everyone else is saying when they leave the theatre. "I love the scene when the old man was accepting his award for the lifetime achievement in screenplay writing! It was so cute! I was like, oooohhh! that's so cute!" And, "wasn't it so cute when he walked up the stairs to the stage without his walker?" Can you see why it is necessary to see these movies without boys present? They would see our weaknesses.
Afterwards we went to taco bell and I am in such a good mood that I don't even care that now I am in the library on a Friday night.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you stole my Friday night. Except for the Taco Bell, that was exactly what I did on Friday. WEIRD. I could talk about my love for that movie (Jude Law AND the little old man especially) for hours. We should do that sometime, perhaps when we are in London. How cute were the little kids with accents? Who's is going to get to spend several months with a children with equally adorable accents? ME!(and you of course when you come over to play). I think The Holiday made me even more excited for London. Can finals be over already???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home