can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Dear Diary,
Too bad I can't date one of the Beatles. Not only are they funny, (I am the walrus? Octopus's garden?) but they are sentimental fools ( I will, Eight days a week, When I'm sixty four) . I don't think they make sentimental fools anymore. I haven't found any. Listening to the Beatles reminds me of driving to "Vertical Club" to go rockclimbing with my dad and my brother on dark weeknights in 4th grade. I would sit in the back of the Ford Taurus playing with the armrest and my dad would lecture us on how the Beatles are the most diverse and original band that ever was. He was right about a lot of things. By the time it's my turn to put my kids in the back of the car and lecture them about the Beatles, they'll be like Frank Sinatra. ancient. Maybe I'm better off lecturing them about Boyz II Men or Modest Mouse.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might not be the beatles, I'd date you.

 
At 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"He was right on about a lot of things..." you got it. And the older you get, the more you're gonna realize his brillance. It's kinda that way with parents. We go through stages of being completely embarrasing fools and then sometime after our kids grow out of the teenage years, we get more of less wise.... funny how that works.
Love you, Pooka. More, more.
-a fan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home