can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, December 11, 2006

Dear Diary,
I was at the library until 3:00am last night, feeling VERY sorry for myself, and now I am still not done with sucky paper. Now, 5 hours later, I am in the cyber cafe with my laptop and all my books behind the counter. I kind of hate my life right now. This would be the point in the game when I get called off the field and the coach puts her hands on my shoulders and looks me in the eyes and says, "Diana, It's been a long game and you're lagging. I know you've had a couple of rough plays out there but you can do it, I've seen you do it. Now get back out there and show me what you've got!!!" Then I would wipe the blood, sweat and tears off my face with the back of my hand, put my mouth guard back in, and run back on to the field with renewed zeal.
Unfortunately though, this isn't a football/lacrosse/whatever sport they use mouthguards in kind of game. It's just a 20 page essay about communication and culture.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man,
I totally fee you on that one. I worked on this term paper forever. I thought it was such a good topic. I finally finished drudging though it. I just turned it in and at the same time picked up my grade and comments from the presentation i gave on friday that was on the same topic. It said this is not relevant to this class. You're going to refocus your topic for your term paper by monday right? I wanted to cry.
I hate finals week.

 
At 1:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Deary, get back out there and slug through it; we know you can do it. Then come home to the bosom of your family and we'll feed you lots of lovely Christmas cookies while you open presents with your cousins.

Love,
AL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home