can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, March 31, 2008

Dear Diary,
I have just received my first rejection from a company for my post graduation life. Apparently the PR firm Ketchum received 430 applicants for five positions and they aren't even going to take the time to interview me! Emotions I'm feeling right now: despair, indignation. But mostly I'm annoyed that I took the time to apply for something that my odds were so hopeless at getting, 1 to 86. I need to figure out how to stand out from the crowd here. Or is the idea that I apply for 85 more positions and then I'll get something?
I can't believe I stopped blogging for so long. There was a hole in my heart, and now it is filling up again.
Love,
Diana

5 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger yamahaeleven said...

Network, my dear, network! 90% of jobs filled at smaller firms are through word of mouth. And that is where most of the jobs are. Getting an advertised job from a large firm would be like winning the lottery, so are they just hiring lucky people?

Good luck!

Steve

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Scopey said...

I happen to know that you've been offered a senior childcare position with a top Portland domestic organization. You could always fall back on that...

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So is the subtitle going to change to "world's most fascinating college grad" ?
Very glad you are back! It has been a boring wwweb without your commentary.
Uncle Tom

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on, don't insult your sister. now you have a fixed up resume and a solid cover letter to use at 100 more places, and now you know what an advertising firm is! - not true for your other cohorts. Luis applied for like 100 jobs before he got his. so welcome to the real world and get back on the horse.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Emily, I'm not going to complain every time I don't get a job, I am back on the horse, thanks for the "welcome to the real world" line, I haven't heard that one before. geez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home