can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Dear Diary,
Today i golfed alone for the first time in history. drove alone, paid alone, golfed alone. no one got to see my amazing putt on the sixth hole... no one got to see me screw up the first two holes really bad. I was feeling really sorry for myself but also like a real golfer. it takes guts to do stuff alone, you know? (like international travel... oh wait i've totally done that too) in the end that's all we get. ourselves. i should write a book. "golfing alone." like a spinnoff on that book "bowling alone" but i think that "bowling alone" is about suburbia or something... "golfing alone" isn't enough though, it needs a semicolon. "golfing alone; a guide to a successful one-woman circus" or "golfing alone; not sub-par" "golfing alone; keep the voices in your head alive" it's getting late and i'm getting loopy.
On hole number 8 this guy came up to me and complimented me, saying that he's never seen someone like me out golfing a la carte before. I think it was a compliment, he seemed impressed. He then tried to convince me to be in a catalog that his company is making. apparently they are shooting on a golf course. he was a marketing guy. never not working, i guess. he gave me a t-shirt of his company. "ice castle" seemed sort of legit? i would have pursued this, just for kicks, but since i don't live in seattle full time i guess i'll just keep the t-shirt and call it a lucky day. golf alone=get free t-shirt
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home