can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dear Diary,
I am in the library, making leaps and strides on this research paper, and I decided to take a break and steal some music off the wireless library network. All the other dweebs in the library who have wireless internet and Itunes libraries are accessible by ME, thanks to some helpful software. The deal is, you have to name your music library so everyone else knows who you are borrowing from. Here are a few examples of what LC students call their music libraries- "God is Dead" "Enemies of metal, your death is our reward" "Fucking Hostile" "Dance and burn, in HELL!" or on a lighter note- "I <3 cupcakes." I can't believe the aggressive attitudes exemplified here! My music library is called "God's gift to the golf team." It's filled with Billy Joel and Afroman. Well, more than that but I was too lazy to scroll past "B" to see what I actually have these days.
Today we workshopped one of my writing pieces in Creative Non-Fiction. It was about Franklin, my beloved highschool. I was trying to write about diversity and crap, what it's like to be a white kid at a non-white school. Big positives, but a lot of challenges as well, you know? I got all the marked up copies of my story back from the rest of the class, and one kid wrote that I sound racist. Instead of inspiring me to make my story better, he kind of just made me want to punch him in the face, or cry. Then this other girl wrote that me putting in the fact that I am white is irrelevant, and that's when I realized, everyone is stupid except for me. I feel better now.
Love,
Diana

3 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger chloe said...

"everyone is stupid except for me"

i know!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Think of the story you could write if you punched him in the face. You could talk about the color his face turned, the tone of his shriek, and, generally, how much he sucks.
that's a good plot.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. arent these university students? shouldnt they go deconstruct something? shouldnt they be taking classes with titles like race in america. did you tell them they are living in a bubble? chance of rebuttle? grrr from the sister. i've got your back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home