can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Dear Diary,
Today was my last day of finals. I had my creative non fiction final, which consisted of reading five minutes from a piece we thought was awesome. So I wrote a piece about the man who cleans the fishtanks at the University of Washington Hospital ICU waiting room. Of course. It's more than just that but I don't want to get into it.
There were three seniors in my class, having their last college final ever. When we acknowleged this at the end of class, everyone started clapping and then this kid pulled a pbr out of his backpack and handed it to one of the girls who was graduating. We were a bit stunned, like, you bring beer to all your finals? She said she was going to go shotgun it in the hallway, but I think she lied.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger Brad said...

congrats! Now you're halfway to... having to make another decision.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that fish tank guy. He was the most highly educated fish tank cleaner in the country....and I think he really liked his job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home