can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dear Diary,
I have noticed that applying for jobs has turned me into a middle schooler again. Remember when you were 13 and you liked a boy, and every little thing the boy did you overanalyzed? "oh my god, does that mean he likes me? he dropped his pen, i picked it up, he said thanks... he loves me. we are getting married, he's 5'7'' and plays soccer and we're perfect together." It's like that with jobs. Send out a resume, get a brief reply via voicemail or e-mail, then you start analyzing. Do you think they say "we have reviewed your credentials" to everyone to just the people they like and are going to hire?! Do you think "Let's talk about whether this is a good fit for you" means let's interview, or "i will blabber to you about this job." probably both. You know what, I don't even want a job that bad. I could just become an e-bay power seller or something. I like assembling parcels; I think it would be a good fit.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home