can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Dear Diary,
I am in San Francisco, being very independent and cosmopolitan. I think the interview for this job went well, I will keep you posted, but at this point I don't want to jinx it. Yesterday I zoomed around the city on the MUNI and the BART. In total I think I spent like 15 dollars on public transportation for one day. Pricey, if you ask me.
If, and it is looking more like when, I move here, I am going to try and not have a car for as long as possible. I think I'll get a road bike or a moped instead- my lifelong dream. Sometimes I go online and build my own mini cooper and see how much a month I would have to pay for it. Seems doable. but not yet, that would be stupid. Buying a new car out of college goes against everything I stand for, however the idea is deliciously tempting.
I was cruising Golden Gate Park today, and I saw all of these 5 year olds playing in soccer games. It made me so happy. I forgot how when your five, the field is the size of a postage stamp and your jersey is too big and you just chase the ball in a big pack. It was really fun to watch. Today the park was just filled with families and homeless people. It seems ironic that they would want to hang out in the same place. Or is it ironic? I'm not really sure how to use that word, because people can be quite snobby about using that word. "No, Alanis, it's not ironic, it's a coincidence. There's a difference. God, people are so ignorant!"
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 4:43 PM, Blogger chloe said...

hey dude! are you really moving to SF? i'm going to berkeley this fall!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home