can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Dear Diary,
I have been terrifically uninspired in the website section of my life lately.
But I told a really funny joke today. I was talking to this kid from colorado. I asked, "so are there any nicknames for colorado, used by coloradoans, like "rado" or something?" And he's like, no. and then he wants to know if there are any nicknames for washington used by washingtonians. And i think about this for a little bit and then i'm like. yeah. "tony."
This is the best kind of joke to retell. because the tremendous humor doesn't translate at all past the moment it was said, and when people don't get it and i try to explain why it was funny, it just makes it that much less funny. Maybe I should work on developing my serious side, since my humorous one is failing me miserably.
I went to my first LC baseball game today. My observations were as follows; our outfits are ugly, and all that grass just makes me think about golf. I enjoyed the yearbook thing that they made available to the fans, that says everyone's height and weight and stuff. Foul balls made me fear for my life, and I was impressed that they used a real scoreboard like in the big leagues. I think they use those for kindergarteners too, but I still thought it was cool.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh.. golf. It's sunny here today. Come home and I'll buy us a round. You can even drive the cart.
Love, Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home