can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Dear Diary,
I hate facebooking in public, but it's what I'm forced to do since my laptop is posessed by demons. I turn it on and it just beeps and scrolls through everything i try and look at, really fast, and trys to click on everything at the same time. It's exactly what the computer would do if it was posessed. Perhaps I should get it excorcised instead of sending it back to compaq.
Lately in my jaunts around campus I have overheard a bunch of really funny conversations and I can't help but laugh out loud a little bit. Then I realize I'm acting creepy, and damnit I'm walking alone again. But here's two of my favorites. These boys were talking about how their grandparents only give them money for school if they promise to keep them informed on their college lives. They were joking around like, "okay grandma- check it. So I was at this keg last night, right? I was soooo geeeked, but this chick with a bangin body was totally feelin me and so I was like, why not?... " This made me laugh because they got really into this raunchy monologue. It pointed out just how little parents, and even more so, grandparents, know about what their kids are doing. But don't worry mom, we all know what I'm doing at college. Blogging.
The other comment I overheard was this morning. This girl was talking about the tea she was drinking. "So I bought this English Breakfast tea, and then I bought this Irish Breakfast tea, but I can't tell the difference. I bet one is probably Protestant and one is Catholic." haha! religion jokes! no? you didn't like it? too bad, I'm getting my laughs wherever I can these days.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 12:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya, I am now in Hong Kong. Which makes Manhattan look small. And its immaculate. We are taking an inside - outside approach to WTO. i.e protests and powersuits. For what we are up to, see: http://events.takingitglobal.org/wtohk/blogs/
The purses and clothes here are very impressive. I am tempted to call you at 4am your time and ask you what you want. Luv, sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home