can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Dear Diary,
I haven't posted in a while but I don't have any good excuses. I am in New York. Upper east side. Yesterday when I was leaving Seattle, I had the bright idea of giving up my seat on my direct 8:30 am flight, in order to get a free roundtrip ticket to anywhere that Alaska flies. This meant I didn't leave until 11:30 and that I had to go through Texas. Fast forward to 2:00 am. Diana is in Newark New Jersey. I have missed the last train to Manhattan by about 5 minutes. Which means, 65 dollar cab ride!!! YES! I have missed this train because I was trying to get my luggage. My luggage that beat me to my destination by about 8 hours, and was locked behind clear glass doors in the Alaska airlines baggage office. I could see my suitcase sitting there. No one would unlock it for me and the other generous souls that gave up their seats on the early flight. But the good news is, I made a new friend in my day of getting delayed in airports. Lauren from Vassar. She's a basketball player and a biochem/economics major. It's funny how the two springbreaking college students offered to give up their seats for a free ticket in a heartbeat. We had a terrific bonding moment. There was this mother and 3 year old daughter sitting by us on the floor, and as the mom was crouching down, the daughter snapped her mother's beige thong really loudly and started giggling uproariously. We started laughing and the woman turned around and was like, "I think I can guess what you are laughing at." Thongs and three year olds don't really go together.
Today the sister and I went to Century 21 and I spent about half of my trip money. (a substantial sum...) Whoops. But the good news is I feel much better about my wardrobe now, and that's what it's all about, right? right. I would just hate to get home, and feel like I wasted so many valuable shopping opportunities.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home