can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, November 20, 2004

Dear Diary,
I have learned so much about the catering business. I learned this because last night I catered like there is was no tomarrow. luckily i cleared that up, being that it's tomarrow.
People in the catering business like to compare catering notes a lot. One of them will be like "this isn't nearly as bad as the time we did dinner for 1,500 last August" and then the other one will be like, "well that was a buffet, which isn't as bad, this is china." Then the third one will come in and be like "when i was in LA we did drinks and snacks for 3,000"
Catering is hard work. I have a newfound respect for anyone who decides to be responsible for feeding 350 with real plates at the same time. especially when it's about a city block away from a real kitchen.
I got to wear a bowtie.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home