can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, May 30, 2005

Dear Diary,
Spent the day at the folklife festival. Saw what was described in the program as "in your face accordian music." It wasn't bad. Not how i expected to spend my day, and it only got better when i tried English country dancing and Contra dancing. It would have been much better if I was wearing a hoop skirt and knew what the hell i was doing. And had a nice young english country man to dance with me. But those are just details. The important part is, I expanded my horizons. Then i got cornered by this very forward woman who wanted me to come every third friday of the month to english country dance in the north end of seattle. I told her i would consider it. It was a bit awkward. How do you break it to someone that you don't think, although fun, english country dancing isn't your scene?
There were a ton of these irish dancing 10 year olds at folklife today who were amazing. Made me feel like I've been wasting my time all these years. I don't have any amazing skills like these girls do at such a tender age. I think i need a new quirky hobby. like quilting or tai chi. or maybe i could just get a website and use it to talk about things that i should be doing.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana! I was going to go to folklife with some friends but we got lazy...story of my life. I miss you, I hope that all is going well with you. Call me or something sometime! -Brynneepoo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home