can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Dear Diary,
What's expected of me in the next 4 days is completely unreasonable. It's spring, actually according to my school schedule, summer, and I am going to minnesota where it is 39 degrees right now!! tomorrow the high is supposed to be 42. This is farenheit. So this means I have to dress nicely, because it is a graduation, but dress practically, because it is cold, but dress season appropriate because it is spring/summer? I can't think of any piece of clothing that goes in to this category. We're going to have to make concessions somewhere. Either I'm going to be cold but technically in the right season, or toasty but dressed for winter at a graduation! Solve that one, Einstein.
I have been watching "The Office" except the british version. I am realizing that 1, some of the english are remarkably hard to understand, which is frustrating, damnit, it's my own language! and 2, that it is nearly identical to the American version. People have told me that the british one is funnier, but I don't agree. I like America. I like Americans. We're totally funnier. end of story. buck stops here.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. With all of it. I know the functional and fashionless perils of life in MN like the back of my alternately frost-bitten and mosquito-bitten hands. Also, I am a huge fan of The (UK) Office and finally sat down to the Yankee version. They are almost identical. In fact, Steve Corell has even adopted the body language of Rick Gervais. It's uncanny. It's so similar that I spend most of the show thinking about just how similar they are.

Congrats on the conclusion of your first year of college!

Give Em a big hug for me.

~Colleen in Redlands

 

Post a Comment

<< Home