can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dear Diary,
I'm sorry if my blog has been completely unsatisfactory lately. It's because my last two posts haven't worked. I am hesitant to make a long post because i don't want it to not work and then i would have wasted valuable creative juices. I'll just say a few key things. It is my second day in London. I slept in till 3. I thought that I could beat the jet lag but apparently not. Last night Fiona, me, and my new best friend sharde got lost grandly. And then at like midnight me and fiona were trying to find her cousin's house, and got terrifically lost trying to find sharsted street which only exists for one block. It started out being awkward, asking for directions, but after the 10th person we were pros. Then the nicest girl in the world let us use her cell phone and we ended up just meeting the cuz at the tube station. We're not so good at using the pay phones. Too advanced for us apparently. The people are nice here, everyone is "mate". At least if you are a boy you call all the other boys "mate".
Obviously the language is the same but I still am like "what?" whenever someone talks to me. I think the accented fluctuations in voice make it harder to discern whether you are being asked a question or not, if that makes any sense at all. More later.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home