can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, April 25, 2005

Dear Diary,
I am realizing my brain's terrific capacity for remembering everything that is useless. I just downloaded this awful song that was popular in middle school, ("never ever" by all saints FYI) I never really even liked this song that much but somehow, 5 years later, i managed to sing the entire thing along with Itunes. Every word. I could also recite the first ten minutes or so of the movie "Newsies" if you asked me to. The rest of the movie is a little bit spottier, but I'm pretty sure it would come back quickly if I watched it once or twice.
Why can't I apply this skill to reciting the US Constitution or something? Or even better, how to conjugate irregular Spanish verbs? I'll tell you why. Because the Constitution doesn't rhyme or conjure up images of heartbreak like the song "never ever does". Spanish verbs don't have anything to do with cute scruffy boys with new york accents. Newsies does.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home