can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Dear Diary,
I'm watching "dirty dancing." I wish my problems were like the female leads problems. She acts like her life is so hard, but really the main issue is that her fabulously rich daddy doesn't like her fabulously handsome bad-boy boyfriend. did i mention that the boyfriend is also really good at dancing and totally beat up this prissy boy for her. cry me a river, honey.
I went to work today at the old job, and it made me grateful for the new one i have. Don't get me wrong, I love Capers with all my heart, but a fifth summer there would probably kill me dead. There's things that i get to do at camp that i just can't do in the cafe. Midnight polar bear with all the homies (add phosphorescent plankton= very cool), playing capture the flag on horses, camaflauging with mud and sword ferns before sneaking into another unit's meeting and throwing gummy bears at them for the sake of tradition. The best part is that all of my new friends are totally down for whatever juvenile stunts we pull.
I really like that I am spending the summer so fully absorbed in such a distinctly American institution. it's my culture, these are my people, let's be proud for once. let's think about the positives about being an American, because every liberal youth I meet wants to talk about how embarassed they are to be one. Well here's some pros people, summer camp, gummy bears, and barbecues. Lately I've been really focused on going places and becoming worldly, but I can't forget the greatness my home turf. So I want to give a shout out to washington state. for being so much better than all the other states. with the possible exception of oregon.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and kansas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home