can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, January 09, 2006

Dear Diary,
Today I work I saw something funny. So it was this morning, it was just me behind the counter, grabbing coffee for the ususal 8:00 am old people crowd. They're ususally a quiet bunch. But today there was an alarmingly loud cell phone that started ringing. This never happens. This is not the type of crowd that has cell phones. The owner of the cell phone then stood up in the middle of the cafe, and tried desparately to wrestle it out of its plastic baggie. He almost missed the call because he couldn't get the phone out of its baggie. After he finished his very loud phone call, I had to know, "Hey Coach, why's your phone in a plastic baggie?" the answer: "It's raining!" I guess the question is, why wasn't MY cell phone in a plastic baggie? I've noticed that old people, or "the olds" as they are affectionately known sometimes at my work, put absolutely everything in plastic baggies.
I wonder what I'll be doing when I am 75 that will make my grandkids smile and shake their heads. "Ohh that Grandma Diana, always on facebook.com! And I can't believe she still has that old car from 2055, when she could be taking the solar powered hovercraft."
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man. How true. Newspapers, phones and all, in a plastic baggie. Although, I've never seen coach with a phone. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home