can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Dear Diary,
Everything that you have heard about Reed college is true. I know, because I have been. Last night me and #2 went to visit a friend at Reed and were blown away. First of all, there are no rules at all. there is a "circle of trust", whatever that means. I think it means doing bong hits on the front steps to the student union and not getting in trouble. There is beer everywhere. No one moves of campus at Reed because they can drink as much as they want where ever they want on campus.
But some how they are worked to death with an extremely traditional and rigourous courseload. These kids are all double majoring in chemistry and molecular biology, but at first glance they look like lazy hippies to me.
Most of the dorms are incredible. They make our new on-campus apartments look like rat holes. We will not comment on what they make my dorm look like.
I went to my first 18 and over club with some kids me and #2 met on the bus. It was pretty crazy. It's called "the zone." You should check it out.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes! our student group, beer nation, provides the beer. yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home