can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Dear Diary,
My mother is trying to feed me polenta again. the dinner schedule said polenta night was thursday, and here we are on wednesday eating polenta. I was planning on being gone tomarrow night, but it is too late to escape tonight. this isn't even the polenta with mushrooms, it's the polenta with tomatos. I feel like i am 7 years old, turning my nose up at dinner. but seriously. they might as well call it unbaked hard cornbread brick with slimy red tomato torture.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana -
I am Surprised! The polenta was good, and we had it tonight in honor of Alex and his girlfriend being here. We were just trying to be nice. And it was thoroughly baked, yet not hard, with a mix of grilled red peppers and tomatoes. Delectable is the right word, I think. It was certainly no slimier than the artichoke linguini that you like so much which we are having tomorrow night.
Which brings up another thing. You're a smart kid, in a good college. Please, Please, spell "tomorrow" properly. I cringe every time I see you mangle that word.
Love, Dad (tonight's cook)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home