can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Dear Diary,
Spanish homework is to be done alone. It is much more satisfying to practice my new phrases when I don't have anyone listening. I can mumble all the incoherent spanish phrases that i want about going to the doctor or buying produce to myself.
I just ate half a bag of sour skittles and it made my mouth hurt so bad that I had to stop. Those things should come with a warning label. "May make tounge painfully raw after half of one serving. tounge will bleed after consuming whole bag."
Ever since I started to get a sore throat on sunday, my voice has sounded all scratchy and awesome. I had to present my first project in clay class today, and I think having my scratchy deep voice helped me convey the real depth of my piece. I made one of my cat finger puppets into a marvelous clay creation. Speaking of that, can you believe that it took over 2 hours to critique 16 people's first clay projects? People were fond of using the phrases, "I think that you were very successful with the..(texture, theme, vibrancy, - insert corney word here)" I suppose I am going to have to work on being deep now that I am in an art class, but I have a hard time buying into everyone's interpretations of a clay cowboy boot.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home