can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, September 05, 2005

Dear Diary,
It has been a weekend full of adventures. after an exhilerating train ride back to seattle, the family and i, plus the sisters boyfriend, went to our cousins cabin near leavenworth. there is no better way for me to forget how old i am than to go on a brief road trip with the fam. I taught them all my favorite camp songs, we played two truths and a lie, and then we did star tripping. i know that i've explained this before but pretty much star tripping involves- go ouside in the dark, find a bright star, spin around really fast while concentrating on this star, have someone shine a flashlight in your eyes, and immediately fall over. My mom was laughing so hard when my dad fell over that i thought she might explode. luckily she didn't.
I don't know how many of you have been to leavenworth, but I just have to tell you what a special town it is. years ago, when it was a lame mountain town that was about to go under, the city decided to make it Bavarian-themed so then it would be a tourist destination. And alas, it worked. even the safeway has its signs written in this bavarian scripture. my dad says the town is zoned within an inch of its life, but thats why i love it so much. it's a bonafide bavarian disneyland, what more could you ask for? I'm considering quitting college and going to apply at the bavarian sweet shoppe or the gingerbread haus. i can't possibly see how life could be anything but amazing there.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just remembered you had a website and it made me smile to read your witty commentary on the world. I miss you tons, camp seems like a million years ago. So true though, people don't understand at all when you try to explain how awesome it is.
Much love,
Hibi

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you ever gone to L'worth during MLK Jr. weekend? They have fireworks.
fireworks+snow=good

 

Post a Comment

<< Home