can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Dear Diary,
Today I catered a memorial service for a Hawaiian guy, and they gave my co-worker a lei and not me. He's hawaiian, I'm a haole. I wanted one really badly though. They were real, imported flowers and everything!
I really hate the part of Itunes that shows how many times you've listened to a particular song. I'd really rather have anyone who casually glances at my computer know that I've never actually listened to all of that Bob Dylan, and i actually have listened to the acoustic version of Michelle Branch's "Everywhere" about 23 times.
My brother made it to Brazil finally, he's probably wearing embarassing swim trunks and trying to chat up the natives as I type. Apparently though, now sister has to one up him by going to a super obscure South American country to teach the youth how to change the world. I adore being a Freeburg. Lately I've been getting all sentimental and weepy, thinking, I just couldn't have a more fabulous family, could I... I think I'm supposed to realize this when I am 78 and sitting on my front porch with my cats, thumbing through pictures of the grandkids.
Love,
Diana

4 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can grab the lei in the beverage cooler, I forgot it! Plus you seem to have wanted a lei more than I did...Anyways hope you got your homework done.

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god, what a profound post to read this monday morning. Guyana that is, next door to Venezuela, below Trinidad and Tabago, English speaking, which will make me 500% more effective. I've been trying to call and say thanks for the earrings, but you rebuff me. Luv, sis

 
At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I were a Freeburg too. The Storey family's got nothing on the Freeburgs.While your older sister is in amazing South American countries saving the world, my older sister is living in Burien and going to Nursing school in hopes that she will meet a rich doctor to support her expensive taste and while your brother is Brazil, mine is in Seattle racking up credit card debt in hopes that he will look rich so he can marry a model. We can't all be as cool as the Freeburgs I suppose...

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are pretty cool I guess. Hmmmm..... just keep in mind Puka, it's FEBRUARY; lots of dreary weather, and dreary dispositions, in February........
XO.... where did you inherit your ability to write so????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home