can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dear Diary,
We just returned from the theatre. We saw "Blood Brothers," a play that has been running for about 19 years or so. It was good. Two brothers separated at birth, blah blah blah, then they shoot each other on accident when they are in their 20s. It's such a nice experience, going to the theatre, but in this town, afterwards you get to pile into the tube like cattle. Terribly crowded. Not a very classy feeling experience. Its like going out for a nice dinner and then having to wash the dishes afterwards.
The kids on my trip are supposed to keep a communal blog, guess who was the first person to volunteer to write an entry? well not me, the first person was this girl who volunteers to do everything first, but I was totally second. I am quite excited, but there is a lot of pressure on me because everyone knows I have a blog.
Now we have had two classes. The very terrible part is that our class meetings are for 3 and a half hours. By the end I was just in a class coma and had nothing else to contribute.
Every day outside the tube in the afternoon there is a guy giving away this newspaper for free called the "London Lite", I have always said "Nothankyou" as I walked passed him, but today I was reading one that was discarded, and I realized that all it is is human interest stories about freak accidents and celebrity gossip. I cannot believe I have been passing up this excellent opportunity to embrace another culture through literary publication. Now I know.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home