can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Dear Diary,
I have renewed hope for my life's work. Today I found a job on craigslist for someone to surf the web looking for new trends and blog about it. They said they needed someone that had a sense of humor, (check.) writing skills, and an eye for design and trends. (I could do that. I could fake it.)
Today the roomie and I finally made it to Portabello Market. It's this really big famous market in cute Notting Hill. Avocados were competitively priced and I was nearly convinced I needed a faux antique pocket watch. There was this one stall where there were piles and piles of trendy t-shirts and a Spanish man yelling about how they were all 3 pounds. He was improvising drunken sounding call-and-response songs about how all of his shirts were 3 pounds. He would yell, "how much!?" and all of the women sorting through the tshirt mess would yell back in unison, "3 pounds!!" The whole thing struck me as very un-British, I liked it. I didn't end up getting anything except some blueberries, raspberries, gummy snakes, and the most delicious spring roll I have ever had, but it was a good trip.
We are beginning the only 3 weeks of the trip where we don't get 3 day weekends. I am expecting some sort mutiny soon.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so this note should reach you on...

Happy Valentines Day!!

I had a great time at Hallmark this year, but I didn't know your address. I would have sent you a psycodelic one with a dog wearing heart glasses. I sent Gma one where dinosaurs are eating people out of a heart shaped box, it seemed fitting.
It is supposed to snow here gobs tomorrow.

Re jobs, I think you have to look at PR firms, which won't have cute names, but will have coffee branding accounts. More on this later.

Oh yeah, I bought a ticket, see you on the 11th. Flying into a place called Gatwick. Cheerio from the sis.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home