can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dear Diary,
My social life is off the charts. I went to two concerts in one week! Unbelievable. First we went to go see OkGo, this pop/rock band that has an excellent music video on youtube involving treadmills. That's the only thing I really knew about them before I went but it was enough, it was a terrific show. I was really hoping the crowd would be all hipster punk types, so I wore lots of eyeliner and my hipster punk scarf, but everyone was pretty white bread. meaning a bit dull. At least I tried! Then last night I went to see Amos Lee, and of course fell in love. I always fall in love with the nice young man on stage cradling an acoustic guitar and singing sweet love songs or songs of painful heartache. (omg, amos, i would never hurt you like she did) I really do like the nice boys better. Jack Johnson, Ben Harper, Donavan Frankenreiter, ect. Amos Lee was terrific live, he took songs off his album that I didn't even like on the CD but made them amazing in person. I can't imagine a better job than being a successful musician. You get to share your soul with everyone and all they do is clap and scream about how amazing you are. And you get loads of attention. who doesn't like that?
My recent obsession with reading job postings has made me a very anxious person. None of the jobs I want seem to be posted online for the greater Portland area.
1. professional pop culture commentator
2. director of new hot beverages for well known coffee company
3. booker for hip venue
It really makes me think. It makes me think that I don't want to work for someone else's dumb company. I want to make my own product or agency or restaurant or service. I want to take something I believe in, like really good bran muffins or summer camp or poignant greeting cards or love or killer whales, and then make that into a job. It'll happen.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home