can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Dear Diary,
I realized yesterday that I do not spend nearly enough time in my blog discussing the infinitely amusing activity that is Bikrams yoga. Yesterday in class, my new favorite teacher was talking us through one of the more complicated moves, she was trying to make us feel better by telling us how bad she was when she started, "One time, I was in this pose, and I completely popped out of it, hit my head on the mirror, not only did I startle everyone, but I had to look at my sweaty head print for the rest of class" So many teachers I've had in Bikrams are so dang serious!! Like yoga is life and death. I adore this teacher because she made the whole room crack up multiple times in the 90 minutes of 104 degree excercise. She thinks that life is fun and crap. How novel.
I was explaining my career plans to someone in the study abroad office today, and in response they told me, "of course you know how absolutely impossibly competitive what you want to do is, it's like getting into medical school! Good thing you seem like such a good student who likes to plan ahead" I was like, "Good thing! (holy shit!)... awkward laugh."
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was comforted to see that all of the comments on your last blog were from family. not exactly because it's sweet, mostly because my parents are the only people who call me. at least your siblings are attentive too.
-claire

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that others who love you are watching too. That doesn't mean keep it clean, it means keep it healthy :)
Uncle Tom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home