can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, January 23, 2006

Dear Diary,
Yesterday I went snowboarding and I didn't fall on my head ONCE. not once. It was glorious. You know what else is glorious? This weather. I'd go so far as to say that it's... sunny? I'm probably going to go frolic around campus after this.
Today in my creative non-fiction class, the group spent quite a long time raving about this essay we read, about a surgeon's interactions with human organs and a scalpel. Everyone was busy appreciating all of these different aspects of the story, but I just wanted to exclaim, "Did anyone else think that this story was WEIRD, and GROSS, and not want to read it?" But I would have just gotten blank stares from my classmates, who were obviously able to overcome its weird and gross aspects, in order to appreciate more sophisticated parts that I have yet to recognize.
So Seahawks in the SuperBowl! Who would have thought! I'm sure this is upsetting to my mother.
Love,
Diana

3 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic. Keep it up with the snowboarding.
--your bro

 
At 5:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fate of the Seahawks is of no consequence to your mother however I did recently did come across far more information than I cared to know about the Seahawks coach, Mike Holmgren, in The Fourth Hand by John Irving. The Green Bay Packers figure prominently in this novel about a journalist whose hand is eaten by a lion on live television and the climax of the book takes place at a Packers/Seahawks game. Mike Holmgren was the Packers coach before he came to Seattle and if the Seahawks win he will be the only coach to have won two super bowls with two different teams. As you can see I have used up valuable memory with worthless football trivia. Love Mom

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, two purposes of this comment, to make the blog truly inter-
familial (nice to know alex is alive and well) and to appreciate the reference to a journalists had being eaten by a lion. the seahawks can be interesting if more stories like this are interwoven in their existance. we are cheering from NY, btw., and I was plased to note that Craig Ferguson (hot Scottish late-late-night host - Diana check it out) endorsed Seahawks because our logo, an angry bird, was better than that of a cat without a body (panthers). xxx sis

 

Post a Comment

<< Home