can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Dear Diary,
Today I saw the worst movie ever. "Looking for comedy in a Muslim world" It would have been good if either a) it was actually funny. or b) had someone cast as the lead that was better at being un-funny. Like Bill Murray. Our protagonist here was supposed to be a comedian, but he just lacked any natural humor. I think that might have been part of the plot, that he was a bad comedian, but seriously, the movie wasn't accomplishing anything else whatsoever, so they might as well have made the comedian funny. What a novel idea.
Because we didn't get our moneys worth in the first movie, we stuck around for "Brokeback Mountain" which was terrific. I've never stolen a movie viewing before, it was thrilling. I figured since the first movie was so bad, we deserved it. It's such a good love story, it just broke my heart. I could rave about it for a few more lines, or you could just see it.
Love,
Diana

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,

I am glad that each day you find something novel to talk about. I wouldn´t want the novelty of experiencing the world to ever go stale for you. In fact, your penchance for novelness is truly novel--like watching a telenovela for the first time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home