can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, June 13, 2005

Dear Diary,
painting is probably the lamest thing i could have thought to do with myself for this week. I can't believe how much i hate painting. so instead i do other things and the painting doesn't get done. for instance i just watched "captain corelli's mandolin" on DVD. It was the most disappointing movie of a book that i have ever seen. at least with "Roots" and "The thorn birds" they made miniseries where they at least had the time to do the actual story justice. captain corelli's mandolin needed at least for hours and it definitely did not need nicholas cage to fake an italian accent. it didn't need nicholas cage at all for that matter. people warned me that this movie sucked, but i didn't let that phase me because i have been known to like sucky movies. (e.g. "glitter" with mariah carey) the worst part was, that they completely left out all the parts that made the book hilarious, added a sex scene- which pelagia would NEVER have done in the book, she was NOT that kind of girl, and then they made the ending happy! the producers were like, "instead of making her wait for forty years for her lover to return, lets just whittle it down to one year so everyone goes home all warm and fuzzy. and oh hey! we can just kill off a bunch people who didn't have to die in the book to make it even" I'm just so mad at hollywood right now i can hardly bear to finish my InTouch weekly.
Love,
Diana

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm digging the rosy redesign. And I love The Thorn Birds, which I had forgotten about til your post. Thoroughly engrossing. White Oleander was another disappointing book movie, though probably not as bad as Corelli. An unfortunate book movie phenomenon is when most people haven't heard of the wonderful book, see the terrible movie, and swear off the source text. That was Corelli for me, when you blogged about having read the most wonderful book ever I was really surprised and all I could think was : "Like the movie?" I should know better by now. Maybe I'll read it when I finish Midnight's Children (Salman Rushdie) which is pretty amazing.
-Redlands Reader

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Diana said...

hmm interesting comments. hardly ever do people ever want to discuss my posts! lovely that you took the time though. glad you like the redesign however i can not take credit for that. i just pick the templates... not impressive i know. but just wait until i'm done with computer science next semester. this website is getting a boost for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home