can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Dear Diary,
You'd think that at ten o clock the night before i went to camp for over 2 months i would have more than just my sheets and towels packed. but you would be wrong thinking that! very wrong. because in fact that is all i have packed. but don't worry, i have done a lot of other productive stuff today, like gone to the eye doctor, picked up my tips from work, and spent all of the money in my checking account on two items of apparel. no worries though, the only things i'm going to be buying for the rest of the summer are bandaids and bugspray.
maybe two months of woods and fresh puget sound air will clear my brain, help me be less of a material girl. most likely not. my standard of living is getting a little out of control though. i felt that way today when i was walking around downtown listening to my ipod, carrying a nordstroms bag, and rummaging around in my purse for my vibrating cell phone. at least i was walking to the bus. no one can make you feel elitist for riding the bus. on the one hand, i paid for most of my things with money that i made myself so i shouldn't feel bad. but on the other hand, the only reason i got to keep that money was because my parents take care of all the hard stuff.
okay, packing now.
Love,
Diana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home