can you believe this crap?! from the papers of diana freeburg

worlds most fascinating college graduate

Monday, February 06, 2006

Dear Diary,
I've noticed that when I check my e-mail, I just write all of the important stuff on sticky notes and delete the rest. It's not really accomplishing anything, just moving information around. I used to have too many e-mails now I have too many sticky notes. is this what being a grownup is like?
The library environment can be incredibly under-stimulating. I guess that's what it takes-- absolutely nothing interesting going on whatsoever-- for me to study. But often, I drag myself all the way down there, sit down, get out my books, and just end up drawing families of animals in the margins of my notebooks and leafing through the pictures in whatever library book was left on my table. I have mastered the science of "playing quietly" about 15 years too late.
You know what is great about finally being 20? I can use the phrase "Why, it's been 20 years since I've ... been breast fed, learned to hold up my own head, eaten mashed carrots. as time goes on, I will have more to add to this category.
Love,
Diana

4 Comments:

At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana Freeburg you have the best web site in the internet! Last night I recieved my Dianafreeburg.com pencils in the post, now I'm the envy of all my co-workers, and it's all thanks to you and Dianafreeburg.com!

Ryan

 
At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diana,

"It's been twenty years since...."
you made me laugh out loud on a gray day when I have too much to do and not enough energy. Good on you, Darlin'.

Love,
Aunt Linda

 
At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time you're feeling all alone in the world, or insecure, or you just can't think of another thing to put on your blog for all of us adoring readers, go back and read the comment from September 18th....

Love,
Anon

 
At 12:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray, the archives are working!
Thanks for pointing that out, anon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home